Friday, March 4, 2011

Thursday (cont.)

I am publishing in multiple posts, so I don't risk losing everything when the power goes back out.

Anyway, I also spent some time having fun with several children by introducing them to "bubbles". I know, hard work, but someone has to do it. Without fail, when I first blew the bubbles the children were a bit intimidated, until they realized they were harmless. Then they would giggle and try to catch them. Sheila has little sample bottles, so I leave it with the children. (and then the adults all ask me for one!) I also played frisbee a bit with Gene in a wheel chair. He's so delightful. Another little boy (less then 1 yr old) was sitting in an adult wheel chair with his legs hanging over the edge for over 4 hours!! At least every time I walked by he was there. He was a cute little guy. I have no idea how he didn't fall out - not strapped in, probably just scared stiff? I know my little guy would have been on his head in less than 30 sec.

I think the first surgery today was one of the translator's mother (the carpel tunnel repair one).

On our way back for lunch it started to sprinkle, so we did some quick "bartering" with the vendors before eating. The rain helped bring the prices down faster. For example, I got a little hand carved wood world globe (sorry, more junk, Honey) that started out at $25 for $10. For lunch we had ham, fried spam, goat cheese (it was very good, though I think import), slaw, bread (a lot of home-made bread, just like at home :-))... We usually eat in shifts, because the docs come whenever they get finished or take a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment