Friday, March 4, 2011

Thursday (cont.)

You would think these mosquitoes would get the hint after killing a dozen of their siblings :-(

Then in the afternoon, I spent a few hours organizing, repairing and assembling crutches. I think there were about 10% in the PT room that were complete. What a dirty mess. Most items (splints, crutches, walkers, canes) have seen miles of dusty roads.

One of the highlights of the day came around 1 pm when I was obliviously working on my crutches up front and a set of twins were born! They said the mother didn't know, but the babies looked a healthy 6 lbs or so. I didn't even hear about it till the evening meal when we enjoyed chicken, rice, slaw and cooked beet/potato salad (it's one of my favorite dishes).

The midwest girls, Jennifer, Sheila & I sat around the living room while Jill Maibach shared her engagement testimony with us. I talked her into it with the agreement that I would do the same, but then the docs came back and another vendor came to the door selling table clothes and the topics got changed, so I didn't have to. We'll see if they remember :-)

While the CA crew went back up to do their evening rounds, the midwest girls and I did another evening of singing in the ER and in-patient areas. We were doing some sing-a-long with the patients when the lights went out around 9:15 pm. The girls decided to continue singing in the almost dark for another 15 min. I was impressed with their singing by memory!

No comments:

Post a Comment